BSDB Conference Grants are available to cover registration and accommodation costs to attend BSDB-sponsored meetings. They are open to all BSDB members. Applications received before the early bird deadline are likely to be awarded.
- Only BSDB members are eligible and no awards will be made to members paying the incorrect subscription fee.
- The purpose of the award must be clearly linked to developmental biology
- Grants to attend BSDB meetings are given to BSDB members at student and postdoctoral level as well as to PIs without active travel funds.
- All applications to attend BSDB meetings must be in the Treasurer’s hand by the Conference Grant deadline. This will be advertised on the meetings page for each BSDB meeting. This will allow applications to be assessed and funds to be distributed in plenty time for applicants to discover the size of their award before having to register. Applications arriving after the deadline will not be considered.
- If demand exceeds the funds available, preference will be given to graduate students presenting posters.
- When presenting a poster or talk, your support has to be acknowledged using these downloadable jpg or PDF files (the latter is an Illustrator file which can be opened in all Adobe programs).
- A further condition of the grant is that you may be asked to write a short meeting report for the newsletter.
- Download the BSDB Conference Grant form as a Word document or PDF
- Return the completed form by email to the treasurer (BSDBfirstname.lastname@example.org)
- The application should include a letter of support and, if appropriate, the abstract of the poster or talk you intend to present
- Applications should include details of the proposed visit and the breakdown of the amount of money requested