The Company of Biologists Travel Grants are to attend meetings and courses outside the UK (a proportion of the total cost, to a maximum of £600).
- Only BSDB members are eligible and no travel awards will be made to members paying the incorrect subscription fee.
- The purpose of the award must be clearly linked to developmental biology
- The awardee should be UK based and travelling outside the UK.
- Applicants for a Company of Biologists Travel Grant are not eligible for a BSDB Conference grant (see above).
- When presenting a poster or talk, your support has to be acknowledged using these downloadable jpg or PDF files (the latter is an Illustrator file which can be opened in all Adobe programs).
- A further condition of the grant is that you may be asked to write a short meeting report for the newsletter.
- Further conditions apply for the attendance of overseas meetings:
- The amount given depends on demand and normally provides only a portion of the requested amount for each application.
- Applications will be grouped and reviewed at the end of each month, so members should apply at least 2 months before they need the grant.
- No application will be considered for a refund on money already spent.
- No more than one person from one lab and two people from one department will be supported for any one meeting.
- Normally, and unless demand is low, a member will only receive a single grant per year.
- Only applications from fully paid up members will be considered.
- Download the Company of Biologists travel grant application form either as Word document either as Word document or PDF.
- Return the completed form to the treasurer by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The application should include a letter of support and, if appropriate, the abstract of the poster or talk they intend to present
- Applications should include details of the proposed visit and the breakdown of the amount of money requested