Company of Biologists Support Grants are available in 2015 for independent group leaders/PIs with no independent funding to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, practical courses, PI laboratory management courses and courses to re-train.
- Only BSDB members are eligible and no awards will be made to members paying the incorrect subscription fee.
- The purpose of the award must be clearly linked to Developmental Biology or professional development and should be explained.
- Up to £500 will be awarded for attendance inside the UK, up to £1,000 for Europe and up to £1,500 for outside Europe.
- Applications can be submitted until 30 November 2015 at any time, but ahead of the event and leaving at least 2 weeks for processing and response.
- Applications are not competitive but will be processed in sequence of submission.
- When presenting a poster or talk, an acknowledgement should be displayed which can be downloaded as jpg or PDF (the latter is an Illustrator file which can be opened in all Adobe programs)
- Download the Company of Biologists support grant application form, either as a Word document or PDF.
- Return the completed form to the treasurer by email (email@example.com)
- The application should include a letter of support, not longer than 1 page long, including details of the proposed visit and brief explanation of why funds are required.